● At the MCDCC February 20 meeting in Bullhead City J'aime Morgaine was elected to the position of MCDCC Second Vice-Chair to replace Rob Lindsey. She will take on the role of overseeong voter registration and precinct participatoin for the Mohave County Democrats. J'aime is a Precinct Committee Person for the Kingman East Precinct 218.
● Congratulations to Mary McCord Robinson! Mary was elected to the leadership of the the Arizona Democratic Party as Senior Vice Chair on Saturday, January 26, at the party's State Committee Meeting in Phoenix. We are fortunate to have Mary currently serving locally as a Precinct Committee Person in precinct 218, Kingman East, and the Vice Chair of the Mohave County Democrats.
● Kudos to Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi for showing great aplomb and skillful leadership in this time of national crisis. Her palpable presence will be noticeably felt as the House begins holding hearings on the Republican administration's botching of the honorable and constitutional governance America deserves.
● There is no doubt that a blue wave swept across America in November of last year. We know that we definitely made inroads into the governance of Arizona, but many have wondered if our success was more than that. Now we have evidence that there was a distinct shift to the left in our statewide election results. Seth Harris, director of the Mohave County coordinated campaign, has released an analysis of the 2018 election returns. It shows that there was a net shift statewide in the votes for Democratic candidates of 5.5% with Mohave County coming in at 10.6%. Thanks to everyone for all your dedication and tireless work. It has definitely paid off.
MCDCC Executive Committee
Stand and Speak
From Our Platform
Climate change is an urgent threat and a defining challenge of our time. Fifteen of the 16 hottest years on record have occurred this century. While Donald Trump has called climate change a "hoax," 2016 is on track to break global temperature records once more. Cities from Miami to Baltimore are already threatened by rising seas. California and the West have suffered years of brutal drought. Alaska has been scorched by wildfire. New York has been battered by superstorms, and Texas swamped by flash floods. The best science tells us that without ambitious, immediate action across our economy to cut carbon pollution and other greenhouse gases, all of these impacts will be far worse in the future. We cannot leave our children a planet that has been profoundly damaged.
Democrats share a deep commitment to tackling the climate challenge; creating millions of good-paying middle class jobs; reducing greenhouse gas emissions more than 80 percent below 2005 levels by 2050; and meeting the pledge President Obama put forward in the landmark Paris Agreement, which aims to keep global temperature increases to "well below" two degrees Celsius and to pursue efforts to limit global temperature increases to 1.5 degrees Celsius. We believe America must be running entirely on clean energy by mid-century. We will take bold steps to slash carbon pollution and protect clean air at home, lead the fight against climate change around the world, ensure no Americans are left out or left behind as we accelerate the transition to a clean energy economy, and be responsible stewards of our natural resources and our public lands and waters. Democrats reject the notion that we have to choose between protecting our planet and creating good-paying jobs. We can and we will do both.
from page 24
Cleaning up our Adopt-a-Block on Beale Street as our Martin Luther King Day community service project.
"Don't miss another election! Sign up to be on the Permanent Early Voting List & receive an early ballot for every election you are qualified to vote in! You can vote in the comfort & convenience of your own home—no traveling to your polling location or waiting in line!" — Mohave County Voter Registration
Lest We Forget!
We the People of the United States,
● in Order to form a more perfect Union,
● establish Justice,
● insure domestic Tranquility,
● provide for the common defence,
● promote the general Welfare,
● and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity ,
do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.